newbie saying hello from Sibley (30 minutes outside KC MO)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by KaFox, Aug 21, 2013.

1. KaFox

KaFox Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2013
    Sibley, Mo.
    Thought I would say hello to fellow Missourians. I just started my first flock 6 month old pullets....at least so far..2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Reds and one very sick runt RIR....i got suckered into taking her to try to nurse her back to health. I am new to chickens so I am already seeing a lot of newbie mistakes I' m making. But learning lots from this forum everyday.
    I am planning on getting 12 day old Lavender Orps sometime middle of next month and will check out some Light Brahmas .that are advertised on Craigslist from 2 different people so we shall see. I want to focus on Orpingtons....would love to find a breeder close by that have Blacks and Blues, also Brahmas I am fond of....but then I can think of a dozen other breeds as well....[​IMG]
    One of the lessons I have learned is make sure you inspect thoroughly the chickens you do get first before you get home....and have certain things like vitamins/electrolites/ wormer and antibiotics handy at all times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by