Newbie Show Question- Help Me Understand!

gabbyscritters

Songster
10 Years
Mar 28, 2009
fredonia, wi
Ok, this will probably seem like a stupid question to the seasoned show people but....
I am trying to understand the concept of the large show, the crossroads and Ohio nationals.

I thought the "Ohio Nationals" were being held this year in Indiana as the Crossroads show.
I thought I understood that the APA & ABA national were being combined to make it a wopper of a show.
I thought I had this show stuff figgured out and now I realize that the Ohio national is still going on in November.

I don't get it, the crossroads and Ohio show are both listed as nationals?
Explain Please! I'm trying not to feel like a poultry idiot!
hmm.png
:

Have raised chickens for years as backyard pets but feel like total newbie again now that daughter is showing and raising her own birds.

Quote:
The "Ohio National" is the name of a show held in Columbus, Ohio. Sometimes they host APA &/or ABA National Meets, sometimes they don't.
This year the APA & ABA are combining their National Meets at the Crossroads Show in Indiana.

HA! I am sorry to laugh, but not at your question, it can be confusing but the Ohio people would shutter at the thought of people getting the two shows mixed up.
The ohio national group despises the Crossroads show, it is a long story but it is basically about egos.

One of the more prominent people with the ohio national was recently banned from this site for spreading false rumors about the Crossroads show. It is that bad.

Without even knowing much about the poultry show world I knew there had to be politics. I have no idea about all that nonsense yet which is just fine.
Showed and raised Morgan horses for years do fully aware of all the games that can go on.

Glad to be enough aware to not put my foot in mouth. I was a little to leery to post my question on either of the shows posts.
Looking into taking our 10 year old daughter to her first large show for showmanship, Indiana is closer to home.

Back
Top Bottom