Newbie Small Flock

Hi all! I have a small flock in Arkansas, 4 lovely ladies and a handsome roo. They are a free range flock and are my babies. I look forward to learning how to keep them happy and healthy. I am currently battling mites and I let them get too bad I feel. That will definitely be my first search lol. I am so happy to be here though!
Welcome to BYC!! ❤️

Welcome to BYC. With only five birds to treat, I would suggest using ivermectin pour on. Depending on the size of your chickens, you will just need to put a few drops on the skin near their vents. You repeat this in 10 to 14 days. Doing this after they've roosted at night is easiest. You will also need to spray the coop and roosts with permethrin or ivermectin the next day. Dispose of the bedding and add new bedding material after the coop is dry. You can spray the roosts again in a week, but you won't need to change the bedding again.
What size chickens do you have
They are normal sized I'd say?? My rooster is quite large but he is not showing any signs of mite infestation. I have changed the bedding and used a permethrin dust twice in the coop now, and dosed all my ladies twice as well with it.

Back
Top Bottom