Newbie - SoCal/OC suburban

Finski

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 20, 2013
North OC, CA
Lovely site you have here. I can see y'all love your birds very much. I've been lurking some months as I readied our suburban coop/enclosure and we just got our starter hens Tuesday last.

I appreciate forums like this and I hope to do this for years to come - wife, too. She's thrilled.

More later. Thanks for the site, admin.

Fin

Welcome to BYC from wine country in El Dorado County in the Western Sierra Foothills! :frow

I am fairly certain my flock would have had much less positive experiences had I not discovered BYC. However, the community of like-minded members is the biggest draw for me now. So nice to have good friends I have never actually met.... Plus the local BYCers I have come to know.

Enjoy your starter flock and the BYC forums.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you decided to stop lurking and come talk to us! BYC is a great place for chicken owners for sure. Not just for the info shared, but also the experiences, the ups and downs and the friendships. Enjoy your flock and enjoy the site!

Update, y'all:

After 20 weeks and three days, my little red hen produced her first THREE eggs - all in one 24 hour period. Her sister has yet to lay but we are pretty excited to be getting eggs finally.

We haven't classified them yet - I'll post pics and if anyone knows the breed I'd sure appreciate any help.

Anyway, this has been a fun ride. We really love our girls - Baba & Yaga.

Fin

Back
Top Bottom