Newbie (somewhat)

Willsjeep1974

Hatching
Jan 30, 2017
Hello all,
Trying to learn what lessons I missed from my Dad. Recently inherited his flock and trying to preserve (and rebuild) what is left after a pack of coyotes got 9 in one night.
Found a lot of good information already.
Thanks, Will

Hi Will and
welcome-byc.gif
- thanks for joining us.

CT

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Will, sorry to hear about your losses.

If you haven't already done so, check out the Learning Center, there are some very helpful articles there that will help you learn what you need to do to be successful raising chickens.

You might also want to chat with others located closer to you...just type your state name in the search box and your state thread should show up.

Best of luck to you!

Greetings from Kansas, Will, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! You will be able to gather lots of wisdom if you hang around BYC. Sorry about your coyote problem - they are a menace. Best wishes!

G’Day from down under Will
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry to hear about you tragic loss
sad.png

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Nice to meet you Will, sorry to hear of your losses. Are you allowed to shoot/trap coyotes? If not you will need to do some serious fortification of your coop/run area. When preds are successful they will keep coming back until they have totally cleaned out your flock.

Back
Top Bottom