Newbie to chickens

Elaine73

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
My name is Tesha and I live in Hephzibah, GA. I am new to raising chickens. Just got my 8 chicks about 5 weeks ago. My husband had them growing up and loved them. We are almost finished with our coop and run. We used my daughter's playhouse that she doesn't use any more and built a run. I can't wait to get them in there and start collecting eggs when they start laying!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on your new flock! Make yourself at home here on BYC. Good luck with your coop build and welcome to our flock!

Welcome . When I read that you are using a playhouse for your coop, I realized that there are a lot of people out there with ideas same as mine. I have had chickens for about 15 years. Wore out one hen house so I built a second. I used a lil tykes plastic playhouse on top , and added 3 feet of plywood structure to base. Added secure door and screen on windows and I have a waterproof little hen house. I keep small bantams and never had more than 10. I also have them as pets and do not eat them but I do eat the eggs. The silver seabrite in the picture just recently went to the other side. She was 13. And yes I do eat chicken, but its from the grocery store. I like the idea of re purposing things. I have done it extensively.

Back
Top Bottom