newbie to NYC and to keeping chickens

jenlimoge

Hatching
Sep 6, 2015
Hey now fellow BYC keepers. Currently I have a total of 7 chickens. This group is comprised of 2 leghorn, 2 game fowl, and a brown chicken who's built like the leghorn (idk what she is.....) my newest additions are 2 bareneck silky showgirls who are almost 4 months old now. I could use some help sexing them as I am still learning about them. I believe I've got a hen and a roo..... I'll post pix of my babies...

About me: I live in Warner Springs, CA. I'm a city girl thru and thru, but losing thst quickly. I love this high desert country! I'm sitting on 7.5 acres of rented property. God greets me with a new painting every morning... my chickens are also very welcoming, they know who feeds them!

Any words of advice and I'm all ears!!!!

Thank you for including me in your very special community!

For now, farewell,
Jenna

welcome-byc.gif

I don't have any experience with Showgirls but yours are cute! Good luck with all your flock and if you have any questions, always feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us!

The girl looks like bowtie showgirl . I am only seeing a bit of naked skin on the back of the male's neck. The front looks totally feathered in to me. Maybe it is just a bad angle.

You know showgirl hatches can have both showgirls and regular silkies in it..

Back
Top Bottom