Newbie to Quail- Chicken Mama

Quote:
More than a permit, usually they come and inspect the set up. You need certain housing requirements, and almost no contact with the birds if they are to be released. I'd say you will need a permit to even have them too. Even though they are a native species you need a permit and inspection. If I were you I'd start out with some coturnix and get the hang of them before starting bobwhites. They are mean little suckers and will tear each other apart if not cared for exactly right, and sometimes go crazy anyway...

Quote:
More than a permit, usually they come and inspect the set up. You need certain housing requirements, and almost no contact with the birds if they are to be released. I'd say you will need a permit to even have them too. Even though they are a native species you need a permit and inspection. If I were you I'd start out with some coturnix and get the hang of them before starting bobwhites. They are mean little suckers and will tear each other apart if not cared for exactly right, and sometimes go crazy anyway...

AMEN AND COTURNIX ARE MUCH MORE PEOPLE FRIENDLY (THO RELEASE IS TOTALLY OUT OF THE QUESTION WITH THESE)

Back
Top Bottom