Newbie- What breed of chicken are these?

ckred213

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2015
Help, can anyone tell us what breed these are and if they are good layers? Thanks newbie here. (note they are in temporary coop while we build the big, pretty one this weekend.)

I will go count toes..a friend that raises chickens gave them to us but wasn't positive on breeds. (don't ask-lol)
I plan to get some big pretty layers so feel free to suggest what to get. Have seen seen some golden buffs for sale locally.

Oh, she "thought" the black one was a Silkie and the white one a Silkie Sultan mix..and no clue what the brown one is. (we returned the black and white Sebright. (she was a bully)

Oh, she "thought" the black one was a Silkie and the white one a Silkie Sultan mix..and no clue what the brown one is. (we returned the black and white Sebright. (she was a bully)

Welcome to BYC! I think the last one is an Easter Egger, the white one could be a silkie cross, and it is possible it is a sultan cross (though I would think it would have some kind of a crest) and the first one definitely appears to have some silkie in it.

Back
Top Bottom