Newbie with 21 Ducks

21RescueDucks

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2024
Newbie to the site as I need help!

I'm the caretaker of 21 rescue ducks, some runners, some Pekins and some I have no idea. I happened on to them at least 5 years ago when asked to "babysit" while a co-worker went out of town. I wasn't happy with their living conditions, shared my concerns with owner, who replied "if you don't like how I care for them, do it yourself". I did at least 3 times a week by using my lunch time & weekends for many years. Once I was in a position to buy property, the first item completed was a 20 x 20 duck pen and a pond. I asked for them, and moved them over 100 miles to their new house. I've had them on property now for almost 2 years. My other pets (cats and dogs for now) are rescue, and/or medically needy animals. No real hobbies currently as my time is spent working 2 jobs to pay for their care and any time-off is used maintaining my property. Hoping to learn via this site on how I can provide a better life for my ducks!

You are definitely my kind of people! Hurray for calling out the neglectful owner and providing a caring home for the ducks.

Kudos to you for your devotion to them and your other rescues!! It's far from inexpensive to care for so many critters, and I admire you for working hard to give them a good home.

This is an amazing community of generous and supportive people. Some years ago, members literally saved the life of one of my ducks when I didn't know how to help her.

Welcome to BYC, and best wishes with your critters.

Back
Top Bottom