Newbie with Questions!

HunnieBaer

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 12, 2014
North Mississippi
Hello all!
I'm Cheri from North Mississippi and I bought my first chickens in March or April. I've really enjoyed them and have been patiently waiting for my first egg and finally discovered 2 little pink ones last night!! My rooster has been pretty frisky with all the ladies and idk who laid these but they're in different boxes.
* Should I put them in a box together?
* Does someone have to be broody to sit on them?
All of my sweetlings are bantams.
--Thanks. Looking forward to being here!!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Congrats on the first eggs! As Judy said it's unlikely that you will get a broody this time of the year, but heck, you never know! Enjoy the site :)

It's unlikely to get a broody in the fall or winter.I have saw some people who achieved.I know a way you "might"be able to encourage/get a hen to sit.Try layer feed.Put eggs in nest boxes,but right now that's all i can think of.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on those first eggs! :ya You've gotten some good suggestions above. X4, you might as well go ahead and use those eggs, would put a couple of fake eggs or golf balls in the nesting boxes to keep the girls laying in there (so they don't decide to try and hide nests).

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on those first eggs!! How EGG-citing! Yes, I agree with the above posters. You will probably have to wait til spring for any of your birds to go broody. Generally this is not the time of year for broodies and new layers usually don't go broody just yet either. So you can either eat these eggs or put them in the incubator.

Enjoy your lovely flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
Congrats on the eggs!
ya.gif

The above posters have already given you good advice so I'll just say welcome and good luck.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom