Welcome to BYC, Michelle! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I hope you and your family are enjoying your flock! From the looks of your avatar, they are still quite young. Do they have names? What breeds are they? I remember when my chickens were that age. I just loved watching, holding and spending time with them.

Have you checked out our learning center yet? Tons of helpful info there on raising chicks!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-chicks-artificially

Good luck with this new adventure and welcome to our community.

Hi. My Avatar is from their 1 week milestone. They are 3 weeks now. I have 2 Rhode island reds, 2 Ameraucana ? EE's, 2 Gold sex links, 4 Silver laced wyandotte, and 5 Black Jersey Giants. All are supposed to be pullets except the BJG are straight run. I posted in the gender spot just to see for fun if anyone could tell what they are looking like but I believe between age and the horrible state of my pictures no one can answer lol. I love spending time with them !!! My 7 year old son has named 2. Jeff (RIR, pullet) and Shadow (SLW, pullet) The GSL I call big yellow and little yellow but so far that's it. The RIR are the most social. Esp. Jeff. Followed by the GSL's. The EE's are iffy about me and the rest are just like feed me and don't touch. Thank you for welcoming me :)

Hi. My Avatar is from their 1 week milestone. They are 3 weeks now. I have 2 Rhode island reds, 2 Ameraucana ? EE's, 2 Gold sex links, 4 Silver laced wyandotte, and 5 Black Jersey Giants. All are supposed to be pullets except the BJG are straight run. I posted in the gender spot just to see for fun if anyone could tell what they are looking like but I believe between age and the horrible state of my pictures no one can answer lol. I love spending time with them !!! My 7 year old son has named 2. Jeff (RIR, pullet) and Shadow (SLW, pullet) The GSL I call big yellow and little yellow but so far that's it. The RIR are the most social. Esp. Jeff. Followed by the GSL's. The EE's are iffy about me and the rest are just like feed me and don't touch. Thank you for welcoming me :)

Very nice! I like the names your son gave them! Good luck with them!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome and congrats on your new flock.

I had 2 BO's initially called one Big and one Little until they were about 5 weeks old - Big remained Big Buff but the little one is now known as Lillie. The size difference continued as hens :)

Have fun, enjoy your flock and the forums.

Back
Top Bottom