Little Roo

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2016
My name is Anne, I have been reading this site for a while now. I am happy to say I'm no longer a "lurker." I already love this site. I live with a wonderful hubby, the sweetest Schnauzer in the world "Scruffy", a very active little calico kitten "PIB" and CHICKENS!!! Last March around Easter we decided to get a couple of hens. We went to our local feed store and the chicks were all so cute we got a Silver Laced Wyandotte, 2 EE's, 2 Production Reds, 2 Ideal 236 I call them White Leghorns. They were all about 2 wks.old. Once you have chickens people want to give you chickens. Long story short, now we have 19 hens and 3 roosters. We didn't know didly squat about chickens when we got our first chicks. I can say they probably wouldn't have survived if I hadn't found BYC. We still don't know much about chickens but we are hooked, we love them. That's enough about me.

Blessings,
Anne

Hi Anne,nice to meet you. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. Apparently you have done well but, hope if anyone else offers you birds you will quarantine them for a month before adding to your flock. Flocks can easily be wiped out by even one bird carrying a contagious disease.

Hi Anne,
welcome-byc.gif

Glad you came out of lurker-mode and joined us full time. In case you haven't checked it out yet, the Learning Center will give you a lot of information on a wide variety of poultry topics:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

It's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom