Hello from Missouri! LOL, DH (that means dear husband here on BYC) has been talking about goats for years! Whereabouts in Missouri are you located? We are in Central, have 35 chickens, 2 dogs and 2 cats.

Hi :welcome Lora

Glad you could join us here! That's quite a flock you have there! I take it your Tom turkey is the most friendliest of guys! :( I've not kept turkeys before but sure are interesting birds. Now goats, I would love a couple but I'm afraid room does not allow right now but maybe in the future.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Hello from Missouri! LOL, DH (that means dear husband here on BYC) has been talking about goats for years! Whereabouts in Missouri are you located? We are in Central, have 35 chickens, 2 dogs and 2 cats.

We are about an hour southwest of St.Louis. I forgot my dogs and cats lol. I have 4 of each.

Hi :welcome Lora

Glad you could join us here! That's quite a flock you have there! I take it your Tom turkey is the most friendliest of guys! :( I've not kept turkeys before but sure are interesting birds. Now goats, I would love a couple but I'm afraid room does not allow right now but maybe in the future.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Yes my Tom is a mean old bugger. He likes to stalk me up and down the fence when I'm feeding. Just in case I get close enough to peck. He has recently adopted our young duck who has decided to give up the flock and live with the turkey and the goats. So he isn't all bad!

I might have to pick your brain about keeping goats if I ever give into my husband's wishes. He really wants to get some to help clear our 10 acres of wild woods and thorn trees, but I am worried about them eating everything else, too! LOL Hope you enjoy your time here on BYC, there is lots of great information!

They will eat just about anything they encounter. We try to rotate them to different areas, otherwise they will eat down to the bare dirt!

Do you fence them? Will they eat the thorns off honey locusts?

We do fence them all but one of mine would wander. One would just sit on the porch if given the chance lol. I'm not sure about the honey locusts, but mine will eat brambles and the wild roses that grow here.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Goats are wonderful! Really great fun to have around and they'll eat just about anything. We have a sister forum with a nice section on goats that may interest both of you: BackYardHerds.com

Enjoy the site(s)!

Back
Top Bottom