wdp67

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2016
Paintrock, TN
Hey all, thanks for having us!! Locking forward to the wealth of information on this sight.

Walt and Cindy here from Paintrock TN.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? New to chickens/2 month's

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 7

(3) What breeds do you have? Cochin's, Americana's

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Internet search about chickens

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Self sufficiency, outdoor activities

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Work as a Government Contractor, Gunsmith, CNC machinist

One child living at home yet. going to be a freshman this year.

5 dogs rescued from the pound, Bama (American Boxer) Rosie (Border Collie mix) Lucy (Collie) Chico (Chihuahua) and Daisy (Miniature Dachshund)

Working on a goat barn and fence right now to house some Pygmy Goats.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Ahh....a CNC Machinist! I used to do that stuff for an Aero Space compression and injection molding plant. They then sent me to trade school to learn about Inspection and was lead inspector for many years. Wow, lots to know about close tolerance inspection! Ha!

Great to have you aboard and we do welcome you to our flock! :)

Wow that is very awesome wdp67 I am so happy you decided to join BYC. Yes this site definitely has a lot of information on chickens and how to raise them. You guys sound very interesting and I hope you stay with us t BYC for as long as you can. That is very awesome you want to make a goat barn to house pygmy goats. Definitely a great addition to your family off dogs chickens and a teenager! Interesting mix! I hope you have fun here at BYC, but most importantly I hope you learn something awesome!
Justin
thumbsup.gif

Hi :welcome Walt & Cindy

Glad you could join the flock! My son is thinking about becoming a gunsmith when he leaves school. He is not quite sure yet but does love his shooting right now. Not too many opportunities to become one over here in the UK so he needs to decide pretty soon so arrangements can be made for him.

Great breeds you have there and you sure must be busy with your dogs too. Good luck with goat barn, it sounds great. I would love a couple of giants but right now I just don't have the room. Fingers crossed for the future though.

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi Walt and Cindy and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

Best wishes
CT

Thanks for all the hello's, we appreciate it!!

Been scared to let our girls out of the coop/run, but last night and this evening, let them out. They were all good girls and had a great time checking out the yard and eating bugs, when it was bed time, they all went back no problem. Thought I'd share some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom