LRSF2016

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2020
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, I’m new to chickens; I first got mine in March 2020.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 21 layers (which includes 2 roosters), 25 broilers, 3 turkeys, 3 guineas and 2 golden pheasants.

(3) What breeds do you have? Rhode Island Red, Orpington, Araucana and Americana.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Hearing the males sing, having them eat from my hands and the benefits of having them (i.e. eggs and meat).

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening and canning

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am married (24 years), have 3 children and one grandchild. I’m retired and starting my second career, farming. I have 3 dogs (1 beagle and 2 Chieagles).

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I’ve known about BYC only through internet searches and that’s been since March 2020. I feel that I can gain a wealth of knowledge from others in the community.

Back
Top Bottom