Newbie!

Clinkm

Chirping
Apr 12, 2021
MO
Hello All and Good Morning! New owner here to two beautiful ducklings.
I'm kind of just taking the template and rearranging the questions for ducks!

(1) Are you new to Ducks / when did you first get Ducks?
Very new. I have had the ducklings for exactly a week and a day (today:jumpy!)

(2) How many Ducks do you have right now?
2 little ducklings!

(3) What breeds do you have?
I believe one is a blue Swedish/pekin cross (8 days old) and the other is definitely pekin but not sure about the age (farm&home told me a week when purchased but looks to be a bit big for a weeker.)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard Ducks?
Companionship. Pest control. Free fertilizer. (hopefully, I've gotten two females and can add free eggs to the list.)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Anything outdoors. Camping, hiking, fishing. I'm an avid animal lover, so anything that involves animals as well. Amateur gamer here also. I play survival games, first person shooter and Fortnite with my kids.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a mom to two beautiful children, two additional bonus daughters and Ofc, the man child :lol: I work in healthcare, but I swear I picked the wrong profession (I have a calling for animals and I should have been a Park Ranger or Zoologist). Located in MO but born in TN. As far as pets go, as of now, we have 2 rats, a spike ball (hedgie) and a rescue American Staffy.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
So, when I want to learn anything I start researching and I become so fixated on knowing as much as I can, as quickly as I can--- I kind of happened to stumble upon this site while doing said research. The ducklings were a pretty impulsive buy, I will admit that. But, I've owned other fowl and many different types of animals and will do my best to raise and be the best human mommy I can be!

I look forward to becoming acquainted with many new birb friends! Any advice for a 'newbie'?
*edit** added x2 pics

Attachments

• 20210408_095757.jpg
    20210408_095757.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210407_092717.jpg
    20210407_092717.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom