Thanks so much for the tips. I live at 8500 feet near Winter Park. Yes there are foxes, coyotes, birds of prey, have not seen any bears but I’m sure they’re here, mink and martins. So planning to make it secure from all that.
Oh my that's high up! I can almost smell the pine. I know exactly where you are. I wondered about mink and martins! and bobcats. Just know chicken wire is only good for chickens it stops NOTHING at all . Only use hardware cloth. Some folks on here use electric fencing top and bottom . Colo. is pretty sunny might check into solar just a random thought. Won't do much gardening that high up but chickens are a great idea. The heat and humidity( 2 things you won't have!) are much harder in them.

1653259399259.png

Hello, I just bought 40 acres in the Colorado mountains. It gets to be around 25-30 below zero in the winter at night and I am considering chickens. Is this possible? This is a structure we are thinking of using. The enclosed part for the coop and fizzing the outside covered area as the run. What would you experienced people suggest. TIA for any suggestions.
Stick to heavier breeds they are much more cold hardy.

Back
Top Bottom