frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

I too am new to raising chickens. We have 11 buff orphingtons. One Rooster and 10 pullets. We have gotten so many ideas and help from this site. We've used a lot of suggestions for building our first chicken tractor, automatic feeders and water nipples on buckets. Our ladies and gent are four weeks old and we put them out about four days ago. They all love it and have adjusted beautifully. We live in NE Ga Mountains and were a little concerned about the weather and placing them in the pen, but after reading the numerous post from others, decided we would just "do it". I didn't sleep well the first night worrying if they would be alright. The next morning all of them were down, foraging. I'm thrilled and can't thank everyone enough for all the input.

Hi,
I thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Sue & I live in Norfolk, England. I have 5 hens at present; a Silver Birchen Orpington a Buff Orpington, a Bluebell, a Cream Legbar cross and a Dorking. As soon as my second run has been fox-proofed I'll be getting a Copper Blue Maran & a Red Black Araucana. Just waiting for my partner to get the time - hopefully this weekend :)
I love my hens as they're all characters. I have a mixture as I like the different coloured eggs.
sorry it's late. But welcome to the BYC family!

I too am new to raising chickens. We have 11 buff orphingtons. One Rooster and 10 pullets. We have gotten so many ideas and help from this site. We've used a lot of suggestions for building our first chicken tractor, automatic feeders and water nipples on buckets. Our ladies and gent are four weeks old and we put them out about four days ago. They all love it and have adjusted beautifully. We live in NE Ga Mountains and were a little concerned about the weather and placing them in the pen, but after reading the numerous post from others, decided we would just "do it". I didn't sleep well the first night worrying if they would be alright. The next morning all of them were down, foraging. I'm thrilled and can't thank everyone enough for all the input.
welcome to the BYC family! Your going to love this place.

Back
Top Bottom