Tncowgirl1903

Songster
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
Hi,
I am a newbie at chicken raising I just got 26 chickens fro the 4-H chick chain and haven't ever raised them before. My grandmother always had them but I never did. My chicks are about a month old now and I was wondering how to keep mites and other similar things away from them. I was also wondering what type of diseases they can get and how to keep those away was well.
Thanks,
Tncowgirl1903

welcome-byc.gif
I don't know if it's possible to keep mites and lice, etc. away from them. Wild birds can spread them thru your yard and when they are snacking on the chicken feed to. Chicks may harbor small populations of them just coming from a hatchery or feed store being in close proximity to so many. But, you can find the right answers on here to deal with them.

You might want to start at the Learning center and then branch out to threads of interest to you. Good luck to you.

welcome-byc.gif
from New Mexico!

Good health always starts with cleanliness. The cleaner you keep your facilities, the healthier your flock will be. You will do fine. If you have any questions in the future about things, feel free to post questions in the appropriate areas of the forums.

So glad you could join and enjoy BYC!

Back
Top Bottom