Paul49

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 11, 2014
Connecticut
Hi everyone! First, I absolutely love this site, full of information, humor and entertainment. Second, and many of you might frown upon this, I am a fly tier. But I'm not just an ordinary fly tier, I am an artist. I would love to show some of my work here but not sure how. I love birds and have a very extensive collection. Most of my collection is from old collections and the rest is from breeders like many of you. I do not advocate the decimation of wild birds for the sake of fly tying. I have collected many specimens from the auction sites where folks have made available birds that have passed on for one reason or another and have found a way to recoup some money. And also, to provide artists like myself with material to work with. Currently I am working on a book project that promotes the creative aspect of fly tying. It features the beautiful feathers that I have collected over the years and teaches a method of being creative. I have self-published two books so far and I'm working on the third. I found this site through my search for education and understanding of the hybrid pheasants that I have come across. Looking through the images on Google search, I am just blown away with the beauty that some of you have achieved. If anyone can show me how I can post some pics here I will gladly show you all what I do. Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to working with some of you.

Welcome to BYC. Your hobby sounds very interesting. You might check with one of the moderators about posting pix. Great to have you in the forums.

Hi Paul!!!

Hello and Welcome To BYC! I am new myself, but loving every clucking minute of it!! Everyone is so helpful and the forum is loaded with lots of tips and tricks!!
welcome-byc.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

I think this is a wonderful hobby! I did some reading on this once and thought that it could be a very creative way to use feathers!!

There are lots of places around BYC you can show your work. If you sell your work, you can place an ad in our But Sell and Trade section here on BYC...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

You will need 20 posts to place an ad there, so you can welcome in New Members in this section to get your post count up. You can also post pics of your work in our Family Life and our Random Ramblings sections as well...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/7/random-ramblings

I am sure other members would love to see your work. Good luck and welcome to BYC!

Hi everyone! First, I absolutely love this site, full of information, humor and entertainment. Second, and many of you might frown upon this, I am a fly tier. But I'm not just an ordinary fly tier, I am an artist. I would love to show some of my work here but not sure how. I love birds and have a very extensive collection. Most of my collection is from old collections and the rest is from breeders like many of you. I do not advocate the decimation of wild birds for the sake of fly tying. I have collected many specimens from the auction sites where folks have made available birds that have passed on for one reason or another and have found a way to recoup some money. And also, to provide artists like myself with material to work with. Currently I am working on a book project that promotes the creative aspect of fly tying. It features the beautiful feathers that I have collected over the years and teaches a method of being creative. I have self-published two books so far and I'm working on the third. I found this site through my search for education and understanding of the hybrid pheasants that I have come across. Looking through the images on Google search, I am just blown away with the beauty that some of you have achieved. If anyone can show me how I can post some pics here I will gladly show you all what I do. Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to working with some of you.
welcome-byc.gif

goodpost.gif
That is something that would be useful on BYC !!!!!

I do believe you could use the BYC trend for that
thumbsup.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Where I would send most people to read about BYC's
learning center I do believe you can do some post instead
highfive.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom