newbie!

wchepooh

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
Greer, Sc
Hi all! I am almost a new 'mommy' getting ready for my chicks to come. I have a question, I'm getting 5 Silkies from, my pet chicken, and they don't vaccinate bantams. I have 3 chickens coming from Murray Mcmurray that will be vaccinated. My pet chicken told me I could vaccinate them after a week or two, because they are so small. Is it ok to give them Mareks vaccine at that age? Thanks so much. Kim

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Thanks so much for the welcome! My husband and kids think I've lost my mind. But I'm so excited, I cant wait for my new babies! I read everything chickens, now. And dream about chickens! Lol.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on the soon to be babies!! I know egg-citing it is waiting for the chicks to arrive. You will fall in love with them and never look back. And great on the vaccines! Mareks is a very devastating disease and is everywhere here in the US.

Enjoy your new chicks and this new adventure you are on! If you have any further questions, that is what we are here for. Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom