yanxa75

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 9, 2014
Solsberry, Indiana
Hi, I am a little new here, and to raising chickens. I have 8 Guineas that are just a couple of weeks away from being set out to forage. I also have 6 Barred Rocks, 1 White Plymouth Rock, and 3 Rhode Island Reds that have all started laying. I have done tons of research before getting my birds and would love any helpful advice. I will try to add some pics later. Thanks!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of great articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry....https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy this new adventure you are on. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

BIG shout out from Ohio.
Welcome!
New here too, I think we have both come to the right site
highfive.gif
Have fun...it can be very addictive....

Thank you so much everyone!! It is VERY addicting. My wife is constantly making fun of me for always going out to check on my birds or researching different breeds. She is really going to have a lot of ammo now that I have found this site!!

Wait till ticks hear there are guineas in town - they'll probably
th.gif
Guineas are known to be great tick hunters and also first to give alarms if something doesn't seem right to them.
Of course to a guinea a branch falling from a tree is enough reason to alarm. It should keep your chickens on their toes though. Good luck with your flocks.

PS remind your spouse that being addicted to birds is not a bad thing like alcoholism, drug addition, or a life of crime.

Back
Top Bottom