Newbies in Virginia!

Helloooo!!

We're near Culpeper VA. Nice little hick town haha. We just started about a month or so ago. We started with what we thought were a buff orphington and delaware, but it turns out they're both buff orphington's! We also just hatched (almost 2 weeks ago) 8 adorable Barred Rock chicks. Bought a beautiful EE roo few weeks back -- he has settled in nicely. Though, I'm not sure how long we'll keep him since he doesn't really fit into our barred rock and buff orphington scheme! We now have 4 buffs and the 8 barred rocks. We're expecting some red sex links at the end of the month from Southern States, but not sure if we'll keep them or swap.

Hello from Philomont (further north than you all) near Middleburg.

We have two each: Delaware, Silver Wyandotte, Gold Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red and Buff Orpington with three Easter Eggers and one Welsummer. We were working for two of each but were ravaged by hawks shortly after we put the chicks in their coop and run area and before we had sufficient netting set up. Learned a lesson the hard way.

Our ladies started laying two weeks ago and are just getting past the practice egg stage so I hope by the end of next week we'll have all the natural sized eggs instead of some of the pea shooter pods (extra small eggs) we've experienced

Hello, an Virginian here as well! I have quite a few and adding. I put up some pics of them here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/836759/new-here-at-byc-and-i-have-chicken-fever

3 Black sexlinks (1 Roo, 2 hens)
3 Wyandottes (1 Roo, 2 hens)
6 Americanas (1 Roo, 5 hens)
4 Bannies not sure on the breeds (1 Roo, 3 hens)
1 Barred Rock Hen
1 Jersey Giant Hen

What I just got this week:
1 Mille Fleur d'Uccle Roo
1 Mille Fleur d'Uccle chick
5 Barred Rock chicks
1 Buff Orpington chick

What I have on the way to hatch:
4 Mille Fleur d'Uccle eggs
24 Cochin eggs of the following colors
Silver 8 eggs
Columbian 6 eggs
Mille Fleur 6 eggs
Black Mottled 4 eggs

Other ramdom eggs baking
A dozen of unknown eggs to hatch (I call them a surprise in a shell)
Some of my own Americana eggs some may be Wyandotte cross

Back
Top Bottom