Newbies of the Flock

katelwil

Songster
Apr 16, 2021
I have 4 new additions to the flock, here they are!
Kylo is a black silkie
Elle is a black satin showgirl
Inosuke is a blue(or gray?) silkie
Toes is a blue(or gray?) sizzle showgirl

Very excited, I can't wait to watch them mature! 😍 If anyone has pictures of new members of their flock, please feel free to share! :)

20210629_193550.jpg

20210629_193420.jpg

20210629_193659.jpg
20210629_193505.jpg

Very sad to say, my poor little ones have all been victims of a dog attack and are no longer with us.

I am absolutely heartbroken. I remember feeling this way when I had to put down my best friend Pepper, a blue heeler, many years ago.

They have been in my room in their brooder and we have two inside dogs that have never taken much interest in the chicks. We had some family visiting and they always bring their dog (I didn't even think about their dog being an issue.) Unfortunately my door was left open, as it usually is, and their dog was left unattended and killed every one of my little babies.

I'm just so sick about it, if I had just closed the door they'd still be here.

Just needed to vent a bit. So sad I won't be able to update you with the pictures of them all feathered out...💔

Its a very hard lesson learned.

Very sad to say, my poor little ones have all been victims of a dog attack and are no longer with us.

I am absolutely heartbroken. I remember feeling this way when I had to put down my best friend Pepper, a blue heeler, many years ago.

They have been in my room in their brooder and we have two inside dogs that have never taken much interest in the chicks. We had some family visiting and they always bring their dog (I didn't even think about their dog being an issue.) Unfortunately my door was left open, as it usually is, and their dog was left unattended and killed every one of my little babies.

Just needed to vent a bit. So sad I won't be able to update you with the pictures of them all feathered out...💔

So sorry for your loss. :hugs

Oh I am so so sorry!! :hugs I hope your heavy heart can heal. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom