Newbies to hatching eggs in incubators

Bhumphrey829

Hatching
Feb 25, 2024
I only have 4 hens laying right now can I still put their eggs in my incubator and do that every day until I get enough or do I wait until I get enough and then put them all in there at the same time

If you only have hens, their eggs will not be fertilized. You need a male to mate with them and fertilize their eggs. If I am reading your post incorrectly and you actually do have a male, then I would suggest not putting the eggs in the incubator until you have collected your wanted amount. If you put them in at different times, they will be hard to handle because you will have some eggs ready for lockdown and some that will not, which can lead to an accident where the chicks will be dead.

If you only have hens, their eggs will not be fertilized. You need a male to mate with them and fertilize their eggs. If I am reading your post incorrectly and you actually do have a male, then I would suggest not putting the eggs in the incubator until you have collected your wanted amount. If you put them in at different times, they will be hard to handle because you will have some eggs ready for lockdown and some that will not, which can lead to an accident where the chicks will be dead.
I'm sorry for being more clear. Yes, I do have a rooster and you answered my question perfectly. I was thinking that would be a problem putting eggs in there on different days since that would require different times of processing. Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom