Newbies!

MaksBirdies

Chirping
May 6, 2020
West Michigan
Hi I'm Heather! This is a new adventure for my family!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are new to chickens and we just got them beginning of April 2020

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 12 now, hoping to get more in the fall

(3) What breeds do you have? This is difficult. Do you want what I thought I was getting or what I ended up with? hahaha.... We picked out 4 Australorps which we are finding out are Black Copper Marans and probably all roosters. 2 Orpingtons which look more like Leghorns, 4 little bantams not sure what breeds they are and 2 black sex link pullets

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
This is my first time ever. So far my favorite thing is watching them interact. They really have personalities.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Busy mom of 3 here, but I like to read, puzzle, paint, pottery.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have 3 cats and a Bernese Mtn Dog. I'm a stay at home mom that runs kids all over God's creation between sports and dance.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I happened to stumble upon the community trying to research these "Australorps" (BCM) and saw how many people are helpful and full of knowledge. I know there is a lot of information within this community just waiting for my questions.

Back
Top Bottom