NEWBIES

rosviz

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 20, 2014
Hello I'm ROSVIZ from Phils.
im a newbies, joining to know all about raising broilers.
My first day of raising broiler is very exciting .... till got disappointed because everyday there is fatalities.
Out of 51 broilers in 2 weeks time, 17 were died to unknown reason. This is the reason
why I am now joing the backyard to know more...

Welcome but more importantly, tell us about your setup, feed, water, etc.. How much space? What is their bedding? What are you using for heat? Where did you get the birds? What is the ventilation?

images

I don't know anything about broilers. You might want to post this question in the Meat Birds section here of BYC to get some feedback from those that raise these birds. I am sorry your experience turned negative. But with some good advice, I hope you can get back on track! :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/21/meat-birds-etc

Great to have you aboard BYC and good luck with your broilers!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your birds, hope you are able to figure out what is going on. X3 what ChickenCanoe and TwoCrows said, post on the Meat Birds forum and give details on what is happening, symptoms, their housing set up, age of the birds etc. Broilers can be tricky to raise.

Welcome to BYC. Try posting in the Raising Backyard Chickens forum - 'Meat Birds' section. Good luck in resolving your problems.

Thanks to all your replies. I really don't know what kind of chick is this but for sure I get it from a trusted store. The fatalities encountered
only in the 1st 2 weeks, some just laying died. 2 were maybe hard to walk and can't eat. So sad and Im pity on them. Though I regret
losing them but I won't lose hope that I can learn caring them 'till I achieve my goal of zero fatalities.

My brood made of bamboo with wire out to protect from pest. I bought plastic beddings to take care of their legs.
In 3 weeks time..... I thank GOD no more fatal now. I give them crumble and smashed corn. I am also given them vitamins.

Taking care of the chicks is really hard and delicate but enjoyable and challenging.
Thanks GOD for the wonderful feelings. :)

Back
Top Bottom