Newborn baby chicks.

Mel35

Chirping
Sep 23, 2023
Hi all,

I have just successfully hatched my first batch of babies chicks (6 out of 7) and I am wondering if anyone has any advice on feeding them chopped up scambled eggs? Word around town is that it's really good for them. I'm also looking for some advice on Baby chick grit if I am to feed them the scrambled eggs. Are dried out eggs shells OK to use and if so, how small should they be ground up?

Any advice is appreciated 🙏

You can offer scrambled egg once but crumbled chick feed would be better. Can you get the chick feed tomorrow morning?

Do not give them the shells.

You can offer scrambled egg once but crumbled chick feed would be better. Can you get the chick feed tomorrow morning?

Do not give them the shells.
Hi Kiki,

Thank you for your reply! I currently have them on chick starter. I feel it's still a bit big for them though so I crush it a little smaller and feed it to them that way.

Hi Kiki,

Thank you for your reply! I currently have them on chick starter. I feel it's still a bit big for them though so I crush it a little smaller and feed it to them that way.
Skip the scrambled eggs and only use the chick feed. The newborns require a well balanced feed for there growth. So no treats till there about 6 weeks.

Hi Kiki,

Perfect. I usually put a little in a zip lock bag and take a hammer to it. Chicks don't eat too much the first day. I would not offer anything but the crumble.

I have been doing exactly that, I take to the ziplock bag with a rolling pin 🙂 I'll be sure not to affer any treats until later down the line.

Thank you so much for your advice, it's nice to be able get some much needed knowledge when it comes to my babies 🐥
I have so many questions and I feel I will be able to get the answers I need, here! The internet always give conflicting answers, so having a community to turn to is nice.

Back
Top Bottom