Newborn baby goat- need help!

Thank you! Both are almost a year old now! Those are old pictures from when they were babies- except for the last one. They don’t really have problems with the cold anymore. They are living with two babydoll sheep now too.
That’s good! I only have two goats, we used to have a bunch 😂.
I had two in October but Peanut passed so I got Snickers a friend a month later, they’re all NDs, I honestly think young NDs looks like deer

Attachments

• A4E2E45C-0556-4196-8141-05B564D7325A.jpeg
    A4E2E45C-0556-4196-8141-05B564D7325A.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 3
  • D4C49BFE-ADEB-44CA-9969-6B591B0FAE63.jpeg
    D4C49BFE-ADEB-44CA-9969-6B591B0FAE63.jpeg
    759.8 KB · Views: 3
That’s good! I only have two goats, we used to have a bunch 😂.
I had two in October but Peanut passed so I got Snickers a friend a month later, they’re all NDs, I honestly think young NDs looks like deer
Yours are so cute! I only have two as well, and they are Nigerian Dwarfs also! They totally do! Although, my Taffy looks like a llama to me!:gig

You can use a compost bin, that’s what we are using right now. We’ve used it I’ve the passed couple years and it works really good. If you want to put a heat lamp in it just take the lid off and hang the lamp little bit in the bin. If u do use the bin with a lamp make sure the bin is covered so no rain or snow gets in.

Hi everyone! Baby is doing really well, he’s 8 days old now. But suddenly today when he tries to nurse, mom either kicks or butts him. She was doing just fine til now. Any ideas why? He absolutely will not drink from a bottle so we’re desperate to get her to let him nurse again.

Hi everyone! Baby is doing really well, he’s 8 days old now. But suddenly today when he tries to nurse, mom either kicks or butts him. She was doing just fine til now. Any ideas why? He absolutely will not drink from a bottle so we’re desperate to get her to let him nurse again.
She is mostly tell him now is not the time...will she let him for certain periods? Or no

You may have to restrain her so he can nurse I once had a crazy Nubian that pitched a royal fit at being milked. She would kick, jump up and down and throw herself on the ground. She didn't want her kids to nurse. She didn't want to be milked by hand or machine either. I went out to the barn one day to see her happily chewing her cud while two 250# calves, one on each side were nursing away. Go figure.

+

Back
Top Bottom