Newbs Alert: Chickshaw feedback!?

Jmegheno

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2022
Hi all! We are newbie chicken parents. We have 8 little ladies and are needing to determine our housing situation. Any helps is greatly appreciated!

Coop Options: Justin Rhodes’ Chickshaw

Free-range, electric fence, with guard goose. We need help figuring this out. Is a Chickshaw worth it? Cost up front? Alternative material?

I’m excited to be here and a part of this group. 🤍🤍 Thank you for your help already!

Hi, welcome to BYC. I don't have any experience with this. It looks like it has plenty of ventilation, but I can't tell how large it is from the images online.
Where are you located? Weather can be a determining factor in your build. The standard for each hen is 3 to 4 square foot of floor space in the coop.They may need more covered space if you are in a rainy or very cold environment.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
A tractor was my first thought before I gained experience keeping chickens. I personally would never do it that way because having a stationary coop that I can walk in and work with my chickens in the evenings is irreplaceable. And the way I design and manage it is so easy to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom