Newby from middle Tennessee !

RobMannon

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 30, 2012
Hello all, my name is Rob and I am here out of curiosity about raising chickens. I have two small daughters and want to involve them in the process. I look forward to learning and making the decision eaither way on the venture.

welcome-byc.gif
this is a good place to start: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Hi Rob,
welcome-byc.gif
you will learn a lot from this site...check out the middle TN thread we are always welcoming new members in middle TN there are a lot of great breeders around here and we are always willing to answer questions.

Welcome Rob. I started my first flock in early April and I LOVE it. Absolutely no regrets. You will have to make some possible life style changes (being home and aware what time it is at dawn and dusk, etc.). The eggs are fantastic but that is just a fringe benefit, the real joy is how local you will be in the food process and how much fun the hens can be and how much personality they have. I would say the rewards are fantastic for anyone willing to take on the responsibility of being a good caretaker of chickens.

Back
Top Bottom