Newby from Wisconsin

sweeters

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 15, 2012
Hi all. Thanks for the welcome wishes.
frow.gif
I have a question about netting. I need to purchase the game netting that you put over the top of the chicken run because I'm afraid the eagles and hawks are gonna swoop down and steal my hens. Where can I purchase the best kind for the lowest cost. I need about 50' x 50'? Also, It's going to get down in the teens where I'm at in a couple of weeks and was wondering if the red heat lamps will be enough for them? Thanks for all your advice. You've been most helpful.
clap.gif

Hi again sweeters! I have no advice about the netting - maybe a google search? In terms of temps, a couple of questions about the age and number of your birds and about their coop. If the birds are fully feathered and youhave more than one bird, temps are likely not much of a problem. That being said, they need to have a coop that is pretty draft free. Chickens give off a lot of heat and can make it reasonably cozy inside their coop. My personal opinion is that, if the above conditions are met, they shouldn't need additional heat.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I will for sure check into the Home Depot one and online.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom