1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newby intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lmgray, Jun 6, 2017.

1. lmgray

lmgray Just Hatched

May 17, 2017
    Hi, I'm new to chicken keeping.. I have wanted chickens for years and after battling with our HOA for 2 years, I finally got permission to have up to 5 hens. My oldest daughter gave me a sweet 3 month old barred rock for Mothers Day this year and 2 weeks later she brought me 2 more, a Buff Orpington and an Easter Egger, both about the same age. I built them a temporary coop and I am now working on a deluxe coop with the great help of the many forums on BYC. I have learned so much from this site already and look forward to learning more. My husband and I are empty nesters with 2 grown daughters and have been enjoying these new pets.

2. IZZYBELLA

IZZYBELLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2013
    Maine
    Welcome!! Congrats on winning the battle with your HOA... they can be such a huge pain! Chickens are just wonderful to have around!

lmgray likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Congratulations on winning the chicken battle with your HOA. You are a true chicken lover champion :thumbsup :clap

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to our community.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/ and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

lmgray likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by