Newest addition!

PAChickenLady

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 30, 2012
This chicken math is gonna be my downfall! Here is a pic of the newest addition to our family. She is approx 12 weeks old and yet to be named because my stepdaughter hasn't come home from school yet to name her, and this is her chicken. And anyone with kids knows that this means she will name it and call it hers and I will be the one taking care of it. LOL! She is a bit lonely in quarantine, but she is a real sweetheart and docile. Love her already! I'll update when she has a name!

OMG so pretty. I have a silkie just like that and her name is Isabelle. She's a sweetie.
love.gif
I like yours too.

The little Silkie has been named Nugget...as in chicken nugget. LOL!

She seems like a healthy bird. She is alert, active and talkative. No runniness from her eyes or nostrils, and no sign of parasites on her skin. Do I need to do anything before I introduce her to my existing two GLWs? I don't think the person I got her from did anything in the way of medications. Does she need anything or just keep her quarantined? And what is the minimum time she should be quarantined? I ask because she is in a relatively small space and I would like to get her in a larger run as soon as I can but without risking my other girls.

General rule of thumb is 30 days of quarantine. If you only have the 2 GLW's you could just introduce them and run the chance of spreading any disease any of the birds have. Not as big of loss with only three total birds. I personally would isolate for at least a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom