Newest score for increasing our layer flock!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Livinwright Farm, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Livinwright Farm

Livinwright Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Carroll County
    I am begining to love Craigslist!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It took a 5 hr round trip to do it, but this little farm just picked up 14 FREE pullets!!! 8 BRs & 6 Ameraucanas!! and only a small group spat last night when they were introduced to the existing flock! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I am happy for your additions to your flock!! Next time you add some, it might be a good idea to do at least a 30 day quarantine to make sure there aren't any diseases they are carrying.

Now that I've said that, congratulations!!! [​IMG]
    Your little guys are cute!

3. Livinwright Farm

Livinwright Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Carroll County
    Quote:The only observed issue was that 1 hen has a combination club foot/twisted leg... but she seems to get along very well with it. and the small spat barely drew blod from anyone... VERY happy for that. No health issues/ sickness here [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Edited to add: Thank you for posting about quarantine for those who don't practice it! I completely spaced!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Some of my favorite breeds [​IMG] it's amazing that somebody would give away so many females! Oh, and I think those Ameraucanas may actually be EE's

5. MrsPinkKitty

MrsPinkKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Wow they are so good looking to be FREE .Great job [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by