Newfoundland for adoption.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Skittlez, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Skittlez

Skittlez Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    I have a male 4 year old Newfoundland I need to rehome. He is neutered, utd on shots including rabies, and microchip. I have had him for 5 months. He is a very nice dog, but does need work on manners. I adopted him with his kennel mate. They are an ex breeding pair. I do not want to return him to a shelter. I have contacted some Newfie rescues and they are either full or have no foster homes available. I have had one call on him and the person was going to call me back, but never did.

I will answer any questions about him and you can either pm me or email me. I will keep him untill a suitable home is found. He is in no danger of being thrown out or dumped anywhere. I will continue with his training also.

[​IMG]

2. Heartlandrabbitry

Heartlandrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Washington
    Quote:He's gorgeous! My mom loves Newfies! [​IMG] Good luck on finding him a home ♥

3. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    What state are you in?

4. Skittlez

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    Thank you, he is very nice.

I am in Rockford, IL zip 61102 if you want to mapquest it.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Darn..too far away! Drat my evil luck! [​IMG]
    Hes adorable... and i bet my saints would just LOVE him..

OOh well..maybe someday i'll get one.. [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    My aunt and uncle used to raise and show Newfies and they are CUTE as they can be but really slobber dogs LOL!

Can you send him back to his breeder? sometimes breeders take back their puppies if one needs a home.

7. TiaView

TiaView Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    I would contact the Newfy parent club (Newfoundland Club Of America) and I know that the Rescue in NY State ALWAYS takes them. I can get you in touch with a lady that can help if you pm me. And I would contact the breeder. They usually want to take their dogs back if they are reputable.

8. scrambledmess

scrambledmess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Why are you finding a home for him after only 5 months?

9. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    you said 4 yrs old and you have had him only 5 months?

10. Skittlez

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    Thank you for all the replies.

I can't contact the breeder because I don't know who the breeder was. The shelter did not give me his AKC papers. I adopted him from a county shelter with the female he was with.
    I have had him for 5 months, but he was 4 years old when I adopted him.

I do have the option of returning him to the shelter, but they would not give me the breeders info or his papers. I have contacted the Newfie rescue and was told they are full and have no foster homes, but they did put him on a list for approved adopters and so far only one call that never followed thru.

I have other dogs and the dynamics all the dogs is not working out. I have to keep him seperate and he is the only one not working out. I can not give up the other dogs, he is the newest. Adoptions don't always work and I have tried everything to make sure all dogs are well taken care of. I am not rehoming him on a whim, I have thought very hard about what is best for the dog. He will stay with me and continued to be worked with. If he finds a good home, great. If not then I will continue to find a solution to the problem I created. It is not the dogs fault I bit off more than I could chew. I am trying my best to do what is right for the dog.

I have been looking to adopt a Newfie all my life and when I saw these 2 in the shelter, I felt I could give them a good home. Unfortunately he is just not happy with what my set up is. The female is fine and will stay.

I realize it seems odd to want to rehome him after only 5 month, and I will honestly say, 2 was more than I could handle. I am sorry if this offends people, but I made a mistake and just want a good home for a good dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by