Newie from Oregon

lrballard

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2016
hi everyone,

I'm a new member and new chicken owner. I've waited to get my own chickens for about 4 years and I'm so excited to have them now. I just got 3 Barred Rock and 4 black Sex Links just under 2 weeks old. I want the healthiest and happiest chickens I could possibly have.

I've been putting them on my lap one at a time while I work on my computer. They're so cute and I'm sure most of you have felt that way when you first started.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and I'm looking forward to getting to know you as well.

Lynn

Hi Lynn and
welcome-byc.gif
- glad that you have joined us. Congrats on your new chicks - the novelty of watching them do their thing never goes away
smile.png

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state / country thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful.

All the best
CT

Welcome, glad you have joined us.

Congrats on getting your own flock.
jumpy.gif
They are all so cute growing up and still fun and gorgeous as they mature

Enjoy your new adventure and enjoy the forums.

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on getting your flock! You'll be getting plenty of eggs once they get a bit older.

Glad you're having fun with them. I love sitting with my big girls outside and watching "chicken tv".

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom