Newish and addicted

You are absolutely helpful thank you from what I gather from reading Cochins and polish are the two breeds with a natural frizzle gene and are bred with other to make other frizzles and the just frizzles are mutts like EE chickens ... Really cute picture btw

Thanks very informative I do know my guys are Cochin because their legs and behavior

Thanks on my pic :highfive:
If you have smooth Cochin or polish they don't carry the frizzle gene. They only have the gene if they are frizzle. If you bred two smooth polish together or two smooth Cochin you would only get smooth chicks. One parent bird needs to be frizzle so the offspring have a 50/50 chance of being frizzle.
Breeding frizzle to frizzle is a no no as this can produce chicks with very poor brittle feathers and sometimes no feathers at all.

SOOOO CUTE all i have r smooth silverlaced polish and my the cockerel likes my white sultin more that my polish pullet

Thanks, I had a frizzle silver lace roo ~

Sounds like you have a lovely mix of birds there :D

Welcome to BYC!! Your EE, Setesh(I think I spelled it wrong)/Seth looks exactly like my free exotic breed from McMurray Hatchery! So
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png
you kinda told me what she was! But I was impatient to see what she'd turn out to be anyways. (Ours is turning from gold lacing to orange-red with a few black lacings on her wing tips)

Thanks on my pic :highfive:
If you have smooth Cochin or polish they don't carry the frizzle gene. They only have the gene if they are frizzle. If you bred two smooth polish together or two smooth Cochin you would only get smooth chicks. One parent bird needs to be frizzle so the offspring have a 50/50 chance of being frizzle.
Breeding frizzle to frizzle is a no no as this can produce chicks with very poor brittle feathers and sometimes no feathers at all.
Ok thanks I've read frizzle to frizzle is a huge no no and reading about it I get why

Welcome to BYC!! Your EE, Setesh(I think I spelled it wrong)/Seth looks exactly like my free exotic breed from McMurray Hatchery! So
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png
you kinda told me what she was! But I was impatient to see what she'd turn out to be anyways. (Ours is turning from gold lacing to orange-red with a few black lacings on her wing tips)
That's really cool we call her Seth for short Setesh is correct. That's cool you got one EE chickens are so lovely and affectionate I'm glad my girly can help she maybe a gold laced Wyandotte EE mix from the sounds of it especially if she's an "exotic" free chick either way sounds beautiful

That's really cool we call her Seth for short Setesh is correct. That's cool you got one EE chickens are so lovely and affectionate I'm glad my girly can help she maybe a gold laced Wyandotte EE mix from the sounds of it especially if she's an "exotic" free chick either way sounds beautiful
she is and I bet Seth will turn out beautiful 2

Back
Top Bottom