Newish Duck mom

melAnconaMom

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Island County, Washington
Hello!

My Name is Kit, and I am now the mom of three ancona ducks. I used to do 4-H and FFA growing up and got to experience caring for peeking and muscovy ducks and wanted a flock of ducks of my own now that I'm older. I adopted two little duckling this spring a chocolate and a black and named them Mighty and Rorschach. Sadly one of my chickens got to little Rorschach and killed him * he was my favorite* so I went back to the farm and ended up getting two more.. another chocolate I named Eugene and a silver with an under-bite that no one wanted I named lucky since it hatched on st. patties. All the ducks were layed on valentines day and all but lucky hatched on march 16th so they come from the same flock but different mothers. I'm having a lot of fun with my ducks and in case you are wondering the chickens now have a new home all to their-selves since they refused to form a mixed flock * they were all hatch-lings when the offense occurred*

outside of my duck life I am the mother of one precious little girl who gets to grow up with ducks, two cats and a dog *lucky her* and we live on an island in northern Washington state.

I am looking forward to being part of this wonderful community.

Last edited:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your flock now that they are all sorted out, sorry about the one you lost. Be sure to check out the Duck forum www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks and you might also like to check out the BYC Learning Center, lots of good articles on all aspects of chicken keeping. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center And it is always fun to check out your state thread for chicken keeping neighbors www.backyardchickens.com/t/717207/washingtonians-come-together-washington-peeps/22660

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am sorry about the one you lost. But it sounds like you are really enjoying your flock of ducks! Definitely follow the link to the Ducks section so you can post pics and talk Duck to the other Duck members.

Enjoy your new adventure and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.
Sorry about the loss of your duck. I know it it sad, that has happened to me way too many times.

Back
Top Bottom