Newly hatched chick with...blister?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by eminator, May 26, 2010.

1. eminator

eminator Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Pomona, CA
    I have just one Serama that hatched out yesterday from one of four eggs that I collected from my birds. He/She appears to have a little difficulty swallowing, and when I was holding him it appears that he has a full crop. That can't be right, he hasn't even started to eat yet. So upon further inspection, he has a perfectly round, marble-sized blister right by where his crop would be. It is almost papery and it appears that it would pop very easily. Does anyone have any idea about this? Thoughts or suggestions? Please help!

2. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    can you take a picture? Im curious.

3. eminator

eminator Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Pomona, CA
    I can but can't post the picture until tomorrow (my OS doesn't support my camera software). I would have to spread the fluff to make it visible, but it just looks like a transparent marble sort of thing, and if you just look at him, it looks like his crop is full.

4. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    awww poor litle guy, Ive never seen anything like that. other then I saw on a thread today about a turkey having 2 under her wing? Hope someone helps you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by