newly hatched doesnt look right

agarnp

Songster
Jul 20, 2022
Help- i tried to take picture of it but hard to get a good pic-the chick has a protruding pinkish ball in lower abdomen--all the other 12 were fine. she is moving around and peeping but i know this isnt right- can any one help me understand and what to do?

Attachments

• 20230207_185902.jpg
    20230207_185902.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 7
to tell you the truth i am bit afraid to handle it-looks so fragile-I have a feeling you got it right.. in this case should i just leave in incubator for now?

It could be the yolk sack still absorbing, can you pick up the chick and get a better picture?
i think you are right- I am afraid to pick it up to be truthful. ifthis is the case w the yolk sack do i just leave in incubator a while longer and hop problem corrects? sorry it my first time😕

You might want to put the chick in a small container (like a teacup) with some soft fabric until the yolk absorbs, if this is the case. It will prevent it getting ripped and dirty.
thank you- after a few hours in incubator she/he looks alright... so far 16 out of 22 eggs! there are a few eggs that are cracked but was wondering how long they can say in incubator after they hatch? I do t think i can stay awake😐

Back
Top Bottom