Newly Hatched, Needs help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sutherland906, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Sutherland906

Sutherland906 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2016
    Upstate, NY
    First hatch has been great until this one popped out. This lovely little lavender orpington was born during the day today. I came hone from work and it was inside the incubator flopping around. I took it out and soaked its bum in warm water. All the black gently floated away after a minute or two. Dried it off a bit and warmed it up. I have it secluded in the brooder as of now, but don't know what's really wrong or what to do. Maybe wry neck? I have no experience with it, so I'm really not sure. It can't lift itself up well. Can anyone help me save this little one? :hit[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2016
    East Sussex
    I've had them flopping around before. It hasn't ended well. It's normally because of fluctuating temperature- could you have had this problem? The ones that I've had flopping around haven't fluffed up like they should and keeping cheeping unhappily. I'm afraid I've had to bump them off :(
    It doesn't sound too good for this little one but since this was posted yesterday, is there any update?

-Jet

3. Sutherland906

Sutherland906 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2016
    Upstate, NY
    It's the legs/hips. Keeps trying to stand also. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by