Newly hatched

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
While I'm waiting for my hen Turkey to stop laying and sit in her eggs, my friends are in the incubator. This was the one out of the first pair to go in and decided to hatch today. The second egg was infertile
20190421_194456.jpg
20190421_194447.jpg

Mother was a normal bronze dad was a royal palm

While I'm waiting for my hen Turkey to stop laying and sit in her eggs, my friends are in the incubator. This was the one out of the first pair to go in and decided to hatch today. The second egg was infertile View attachment 1747292 View attachment 1747295

Mother was a normal bronze dad was a royal palm
If the mother does not have any hidden recessive color genes, the poult will be a Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray if it is female and a Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray carrying a hidden Narragansett gene if it is a male.

If the mother does not have any hidden recessive color genes, the poult will be a Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray if it is female and a Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray carrying a hidden Narragansett gene if it is a male.
We honestly have no clue on female. Male may have bronze in Gene due to another Tom picked up with him was a bronze

We honestly have no clue on female. Male may have bronze in Gene due to another Tom picked up with him was a bronze
For the tom to be a Royal Palm, he can only be black and white. If he has any other colors, he is not a Royal Palm. Royal Palms are homozygous for Black Winged Bronze (b1b1) genes. If he was (bb1) he would be a Dark Gray and would not look like a Royal Palm. If he had the other possible combination (Ccg) he would again not look like a Royal Palm. If he looks like a Royal Palm, he probably is not carrying any hidden recessive color genes.

For the tom to be a Royal Palm, he can only be black and white. If he has any other colors, he is not a Royal Palm. Royal Palms are homozygous for Black Winged Bronze (b1b1) genes. If he was (bb1) he would be a Dark Gray and would not look like a Royal Palm. If he had the other possible combination (Ccg) he would again not look like a Royal Palm. If he looks like a Royal Palm, he probably is not carrying any hidden recessive color genes.
Ah okay yea he looks like a royal palm

So both me and my friend have the same breeding pairs, just switched. Mine is a bronze Male to a royal palm female. (I gave her the choice on males XD).

If we breed the babies together, I get a Male from hers and she gets a Male from mine. Would the babies look more towards one breed or the other? Or stay kinda in between?

Back
Top Bottom