Newly hatched

So both me and my friend have the same breeding pairs, just switched. Mine is a bronze Male to a royal palm female. (I gave her the choice on males XD).

If we breed the babies together, I get a Male from hers and she gets a Male from mine. Would the babies look more towards one breed or the other? Or stay kinda in between?
They are all the same breed which is Turkey. They will however be able to produce a wide selection of varieties.

You have a Royal Palm tom x Bronze hen = Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray females carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray males carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a hidden recessive Narragansett gene.

She has a Bronze tom x Royal Palm hen = Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray females carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray males carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a hidden recessive Narragansett gene.

You use her male offspring, Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a hidden recessive Narragansett gene x your female offspring, Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray females carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene = the possibility of Bronze, Bronze Gray, Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Black Winged Bronze, Dark Gray, Narragansett, Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Black Winged Narragansett, Black Winged Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Cornish Palm, Royal Palm, and Sweetgrass with some being pure and some carrying hidden recessive genes.

She uses your male offspring, Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a hidden recessive Narragansett gene x her female Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene = the possibility of Bronze, Bronze Gray, Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Black Winged Bronze, Dark Gray (female), Narragansett, Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Black Winged Narragansett (female), Black Winged Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray (female), Cornish Palm (female), Royal Palm (female), and Sweetgrass with some being pure and some carrying hidden recessive genes.

They are all the same breed which is Turkey. They will however be able to produce a wide selection of varieties.

You have a Royal Palm tom x Bronze hen = Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray females carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray males carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a hidden recessive Narragansett gene.

She has a Bronze tom x Royal Palm hen = Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray females carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray males carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a hidden recessive Narragansett gene.

You use her male offspring, Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a hidden recessive Narragansett gene x your female offspring, Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray females carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene = the possibility of Bronze, Bronze Gray, Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Black Winged Bronze, Dark Gray, Narragansett, Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Black Winged Narragansett, Black Winged Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Cornish Palm, Royal Palm, and Sweetgrass with some being pure and some carrying hidden recessive genes.

She uses your male offspring, Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a hidden recessive Narragansett gene x her female Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray carrying a hidden recessive Black Winged Bronze gene = the possibility of Bronze, Bronze Gray, Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Black Winged Bronze, Dark Gray (female), Narragansett, Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray, Black Winged Narragansett (female), Black Winged Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray (female), Cornish Palm (female), Royal Palm (female), and Sweetgrass with some being pure and some carrying hidden recessive genes.
Holy crap that's a lot of possibilities

Holy crap that's a lot of possibilities
That is what happens when you breed turkeys that have multiple heterozygous color genes (bb1, Ccg, Nn, N- or n-). It does not mean that you will produce all of these varieties, only that it is possible to produce them all. The possibility ranges from a low of 3% for many of the varieties to a high of 18% for the Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray or the Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom