Niacin Deficiency In Duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ChickChic00, Oct 20, 2019.

1. ChickChic00

ChickChic00 Songster

Sep 10, 2019
    I got two ducks from rural kind 4 and a half weeks ago and now one of them has feet that so severely inwards. I have given them peas and some Nutri-Drench also. It's been a week since I've given them Nutri-Drench. I try to give them some peas everyday. Its feet are severely inwards. Will it stay like that?? Anything else I can do?? Any help is appreciated!! I have 6 more ducks only 2 had the same problem,but theirs went away.

2. CoriM

CoriM Chirping

Jun 6, 2019
    I don't know if feet turning inwards is niacin deficiency - maybe someone here with more experience can speak to that, but I had a duckling this summer who about that age stopped walking much and had a hard time standing up, even though I was giving brewer's yeast with niacin at every meal. Her body just needed more. I right away started giving liquid vitamin B complex twice a day, and it made a huge difference.

Suedan and ChickChic00 like this.
  3. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    sounds like you need to get them on B-complex. Tractor Supply has it on the shelf. Put 1 ml over something you know they will eat like tomatoes, meal worms or whatever the favorite food is. This is what it looks like. Both are the same they just changed the label design.
    IMG_0251.JPG

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: