Niacin Deficiency in Waterfowl

Pics
Would you expect to see improvement given the Niacin I've been giving thus far? I Just ordered some Durvet B Complex liquid, will start it Saturday.

Would you expect to see improvement given the Niacin I've been giving thus far? I Just ordered some Durvet B Complex liquid, will start it Saturday.

Oh sorry, I thought you were another poster, sharing what they have been using.

Can you give me a link to the exact bottle you bought, how old are they?

What I need is a video. Have you done a full external examination of the duck for any sign of bumblefoot? As I stated in the thread, the older the bird, the more the bones have become set in place therefor treatment will take much longer, for your duck, it may be a few weeks.

IMG_7548.png
can you tell anything from these photos? I'm working on getting a video loaded up. I'll post with a link.

Attachments

• IMG_7531.jpg
    IMG_7531.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi I was wondering if a liquid B complex would serve the same purpose as straight niacin? I have a duckling that is about 4 weeks old and has been having some balance issues. I added niacin vitamins to his food and a Lyfe-Lite tablet to his water but after reading this forum see that the vitamin isn’t helping because it is slow release. I recently purchased nature’s bounty sublingual liquid B complex and a duck starter feed (was giving him chick starter with some cracked corn). I have been referring to many of these forums for guidance but am unsure how to help him. Any feedback and guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi I was wondering if a liquid B complex would serve the same purpose as straight niacin? I have a duckling that is about 4 weeks old and has been having some balance issues. I added niacin vitamins to his food and a Lyfe-Lite tablet to his water but after reading this forum see that the vitamin isn’t helping because it is slow release. I recently purchased nature’s bounty sublingual liquid B complex and a duck starter feed (was giving him chick starter with some cracked corn). I have been referring to many of these forums for guidance but am unsure how to help him. Any feedback and guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi there, The Liquid B complex brand I mentioned in the thread contains amounts of niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, B6, B12, and d-Panthenol, it's intended for cattle, so it's pretty potent, but it has been proven to work well on ducks with leg problems.

The problem with the sublingual Liquid B complex intended for humans most often found in grocery stores is that they often contain very little B vitamin. I would suggest switching over B complex and per the dosage's recommended.

I'd be glad to watch a video of your duck too.

Thank you! I picked up the durvet vitamin B complex and do you recommend putting the dosage over the feed? I’m giving chick starter with a mix of cracked corn. I’m working on getting a link to the video.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom