Nice to be here! Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FortWorthChicks, Dec 30, 2009.

1. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I am Jeanette and I have a small backyard flock of 4 ameracauna hens and one very friendly Light brahma who feels if the back door is open she must be welcome in the kitchen!
    We live in Fort Worth central and thankfully our city allows up to a dozen poultry only one roo allowed. [​IMG] I dont want a roo though because I think it would be too much noise for my neighbors. I do wake up every morning to roosters living at both ends of my blocks crowing contest.

I am new to the henkeeping and my husband says they must be the most spoiled hens alive. I named them all. So.... its nice to be here and I am so glad I found the place!!

Kind Regards![​IMG]

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Welcome from SW VA!

3. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Awww, hey glad you found us!! [​IMG] from NY! I hear ya about the chickens in the kitchen, mine found a way to get in the laundry/mud room when my back is turned. If the screen door is open a crack, they'll actually push their way in. Little stinkers!! [​IMG]

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] Jeanette!!!! [​IMG] from Debby in Indiana!!!!![​IMG]

5. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA!

Tell your husband MINE are the most spoiled hens alive [​IMG] I wouldn't dare leave my door open, they'd be in my refrigerator making a salad!!

6. highcountrychickens

highcountrychickens Head Rooster Jouster

Aug 28, 2008
    Jackson Hole
    [​IMG]

Wonderful that your city is open minded enough to encourage such things - I hope more cities take a page from that! You're gonna like it here... wonderful, (and often a little bent) folks here. We're all a bit nutty about our flocks - and I think you'll find more than one thread boasting a contest about who spoils their chooks the most.

7. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Welcome! [​IMG]

8. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Howdy there, neighbor! I'm just to the south of you in Johnson County. [​IMG]

9. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] Have fun on byc!

10. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Quote:Thats so funny! I can imagine a chicken in the fridge feathers n all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by