Nice to meet you all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JusticeFamilyFarm, May 27, 2011.

1. JusticeFamilyFarm

JusticeFamilyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Southern California
    Hi all! I have been reading and learning a lot from BYC these past few weeks, preparing for some chickens. Now that we've got them, I thought I'd join and introduce myself!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am new to chickens- in high school I was in FFA and we raised some meat birds, but that was a long time ago and a much different experience than what I'm going for now. [​IMG] We got our chicks yesterday!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have started out with 9 chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have? We have 5 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Black Australorps and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Bing search

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Well, since we moved into this wonderful house on an acre our only hobby has been yardwork! But, we also love camping and doing fun stuff as a family! I just completed a Veterinary Assisting class, so I volunteer at a vet hospital here and there also.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband and I have 2 daughters, 3 and 4 1/2 years old. We also have an 8 month old puppy, our 9 new chicks and we're looking into getting a few goats. I am a stay-at-home mom who is looking into what I want to be when I grow up. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Welcome! I am a first-time chicken and duck owner renting a farm in Northern Virginia. [​IMG]

My kids are all big, but have not yet flown the coop. They call me crazy cat lady, crazy dog lady, crazy duck lady, and crazy chicken lady. They don't like to play with me any more (unless I am taking them out to dinner or shopping). Treasure the time of young-uns. [​IMG]

I patterned my life after Beverly Hillbilly's Ellie Mae Clampett, but am presently more like Granny. [​IMG]

My Buff Orpington is the sweetest of my chickens. Mine are presently in a open-air hutch. I plan to build/buy a coop and let them free-range in my yard. [​IMG]

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] from Missouri!

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! [​IMG] Welcome from western Kentucky. We're glad you decided to join us -- the more, the merrier! You'll soon find this is a GREAT place to spend an hour or two (or four, or seven... ) [​IMG] SO much valuable information, so many friendly people, so much goodnatured ribbing that keeps it lively, -- what's not to love? Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know each other! [​IMG]

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Great selection. [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Congrats on your chicks & good luck [​IMG]

9. Chickencoop1996