Nickname picked! Now with Pic!

CrazyChickieMama

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Bolton, NC
My DD's name is Lorelei...she's been asking for awhile now to give her a nickname.

Here's the thing: I don't want to call her Lori, or any derivative of that. I have a cousin named Laura and it would get confusing...

So I'm reaching out for help!

She's 4, VERY precocious, and opinionated, loves to sing and dance, play in the mud and carry chickens around, dresses up like there's no tomorrow and can already apply makeup better than I can!

She's already vetoed Lola, which I didn't really like to begin with.

So, I know everyone here is creative, and I need help!!!!!!

And even if it might seem odd, I'm willing to think it over! My son's name is Hunter, but his nickname is Bear...go figure! (he growled a lot as an infant) Ha!

Last edited:
I'd already be calling her "LeLe"
smile.png
Lorelei is such a pretty name.

Quote:
UGH that's what my sister called me... mom said it was because she couldn't say the ST that's in my name (Christopher derivative)... but if she can't say that ST why would she pick a word that had one. It was very annoying.

That being said... I'd let HER chose the nickname. That way she can't blame you when you call her that at 15 and her friends all snicker. Maybe a list?

Lilo (and Stitch) ButterBean, Eli?... uhhh... when DS was little we called him a Furtive Zoog... he's not so furtive at 12, but still quite Zoogish. Uhhh... think think think... mmmm... Nicky?

Her middle name is Hope, I wanted it to be Esperanza, because of my heritage, but got too much pressure from the in-laws...so I changed it to the english version.

I'm liking the Lele and Chickie...

She has a best friend whose nickname is Sissy!!! lol that would get confusing
lol.png

on that tv show about the mom who worked in a hotel and the daughter they were both named Lorelei. They called the daughter Rori. DOn't know why, but I like both names.

Yes, I know the Gilmore girls connotations....
lol.png

She got her name from the German story and rock on the Rhine river. My family was living there and suggested it to me.
Grr...so frustrating not being able to come up with one!!!

Quote:
UGH that's what my sister called me... mom said it was because she couldn't say the ST that's in my name (Christopher derivative)... but if she can't say that ST why would she pick a word that had one. It was very annoying.

That being said... I'd let HER chose the nickname. That way she can't blame you when you call her that at 15 and her friends all snicker. Maybe a list?

Lilo (and Stitch) ButterBean, Eli?... uhhh... when DS was little we called him a Furtive Zoog... he's not so furtive at 12, but still quite Zoogish. Uhhh... think think think... mmmm... Nicky?

My #4 son decided one day that he needed to change his name and chose Bam-Bam...I didn't think he'd even seen the Flintstones before. Kids are too cute! My #3 son is CoCo (Cody). He's very sweet so we sometimes call him CoCoPuff. Not a name he's going to want to keep for long I'm sure
wink.png

I'm surprised that Lorelei hasn't picked a name out for herself. I bet she's named all the chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom