Nickname picked! Now with Pic!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CrazyChickieMama, Jul 26, 2010.

1. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    My DD's name is Lorelei...she's been asking for awhile now to give her a nickname.

Here's the thing: I don't want to call her Lori, or any derivative of that. I have a cousin named Laura and it would get confusing...

So I'm reaching out for help!

She's 4, VERY precocious, and opinionated, loves to sing and dance, play in the mud and carry chickens around, dresses up like there's no tomorrow and can already apply makeup better than I can!

She's already vetoed Lola, which I didn't really like to begin with.

So, I know everyone here is creative, and I need help!!!!!!

And even if it might seem odd, I'm willing to think it over! My son's name is Hunter, but his nickname is Bear...go figure! (he growled a lot as an infant) Ha!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. newchickgal

newchickgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    Lili, or Lily are my first thoughts. What is her middle name?

3. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

"Chickie" was the first thing that came to mind.

4. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    Does she have brothers and sisters? If so I would call her Sissy...

5. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I'd already be calling her "LeLe" [​IMG] Lorelei is such a pretty name.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:UGH that's what my sister called me... mom said it was because she couldn't say the ST that's in my name (Christopher derivative)... but if she can't say that ST why would she pick a word that had one. It was very annoying.

That being said... I'd let HER chose the nickname. That way she can't blame you when you call her that at 15 and her friends all snicker. Maybe a list?

Lilo (and Stitch) ButterBean, Eli?... uhhh... when DS was little we called him a Furtive Zoog... he's not so furtive at 12, but still quite Zoogish. Uhhh... think think think... mmmm... Nicky?

7. CrazyChickieMama

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    Her middle name is Hope, I wanted it to be Esperanza, because of my heritage, but got too much pressure from the in-laws...so I changed it to the english version.

I'm liking the Lele and Chickie...

She has a best friend whose nickname is Sissy!!! lol that would get confusing [​IMG]

8. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    on that tv show about the mom who worked in a hotel and the daughter they were both named Lorelei. They called the daughter Rori. DOn't know why, but I like both names.

9. CrazyChickieMama

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    Yes, I know the Gilmore girls connotations.... [​IMG]

She got her name from the German story and rock on the Rhine river. My family was living there and suggested it to me.
    Grr...so frustrating not being able to come up with one!!!

10. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Quote:UGH that's what my sister called me... mom said it was because she couldn't say the ST that's in my name (Christopher derivative)... but if she can't say that ST why would she pick a word that had one. It was very annoying.

That being said... I'd let HER chose the nickname. That way she can't blame you when you call her that at 15 and her friends all snicker. Maybe a list?

Lilo (and Stitch) ButterBean, Eli?... uhhh... when DS was little we called him a Furtive Zoog... he's not so furtive at 12, but still quite Zoogish. Uhhh... think think think... mmmm... Nicky?

My #4 son decided one day that he needed to change his name and chose Bam-Bam...I didn't think he'd even seen the Flintstones before. Kids are too cute! My #3 son is CoCo (Cody). He's very sweet so we sometimes call him CoCoPuff. Not a name he's going to want to keep for long I'm sure [​IMG]

I'm surprised that Lorelei hasn't picked a name out for herself. I bet she's named all the chickens!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by